Now there are three ways you can help "Keep Texas Wild". By purchasing the Lucifer Hummingbird, Western Diamond Rattlesnake or Horned Lizard conservation license plates, you'll be supporting a vast array of projects that help protect native Texas wildlife, including threatened and endangered species.
About the Wildlife Conservation License Plates:
- Only $30/year*—with $22 going to benefit native Texas wildlife.
- Available for your car, truck, motorcycle, boat trailer, travel trailer or RV
- No need to wait for vehicle registration renewal. Cost will be pro-rated.
Tips for Ordering a Plate
- Order Online: You don’t need your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or current plate number when you order! Your plates will be mailed to your local county tax office for pickup in two to three weeks.
- Order In person: Visit your local county tax office (except in DFW and Houston) to order. Your plates will be mailed to your home in two to three weeks.
- Personalize Your Plate: Use letters, numbers, and your choice of 3 symbols ( heart symbol star symbol ).
*Fees are in addition to annual registration fee.
Which species will benefit?
Texas has well over 1,300 species that are considered to be species of greatest conservation need. The Horned Lizard (the state's official reptile), the Texas Bumblebee, Ocelot, Attwater's Greater Prairie-Chicken, Red Wolf, the Whooping Crane, the Alligator Snapping Turtle and an assortment of other mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and plants all benefit from license plate sales.