Wildlife Restoration and Management
Desert Bighorn Sheep
Texas White-tailed Deer
About the Texas Conservation License Plates:
- Only $30/year*with $22/plate going to help fund wildlife management, research and restoration projects for bighorn sheep, pronghorn, white-tailed deer, mule deer, javelina, alligator and more.
- Available for your car, truck, motorcycle, boat trailer, travel trailer or RV.
- No need to wait for vehicle registration renewal. Cost will be pro-rated.
- Can be ordered with the International Symbol of Access with signed Form VTR-214.
Tips for Ordering a Plate
- Order Online: It's easier and more convenient to order your favorite plate online.
- Clicking the “order” button will transfer you to myplates.com to complete your order. This site processes orders for the TxDMV, who is responsible for the manufacture and distribution of all Texas licenses plates.
- You won't need your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or current plate number when you order, only when you pick up your new plates.
- Your plates will be mailed to your local county tax office for pickup in two to three weeks and you will be notified when they are in. If not, please call TxDMV at 1(888) 368-4689 for status. You can also request that they deliver your plates to a satellite office closer to your home, after they arrive at the main county tax office in your region.
- Customer Service: For questions email to: vtr_special_plates@TxDMV.gov or call TxDMV at 1-888-368-4689.
- Order In person: Visit your local county tax office to order. Your plates will be mailed to your home in two to three weeks.
- Personalize Your Plate: Select up to 5 letters, numbers, and your choice of 3 symbols ( texas silhouette heart symbol star symbol ).
*Fees are in addition to annual registration fee.